28 M A Y - 4 J U N E 2017
TUSCANY Therme Spa Holiday: 28/5-4/6/2017
Intimate groups, 7 nights, half board (mostly local organic), excursions, open air salons Pisa, Lucc, Firenze, etc.
- int. tango professional with 30 years experience
12h tango lessons (TA), work with Alexander technique (AT) , excursions, pool, hot natural thermal spa at 400 m, dance with Italian locals in (outdoor) salons, breakfast, dinner (mostly organic), own cooking kitchen: ****Country-B&B : 760,- Euro p.p./double occupancy, (some few private apartments: 980,- Euro p.p.), camper: 540,- Euro. Local milongas/festivals: & be quick, add extra days to afterwards visit Pisa Tango Festivalfrom 9-11 june 2017
- 7 nights half board, breakfast/dinner in ****Country B&B at www.LeQuerciole.com with panorama pool, starting Friday at 16h with champagne/lessons/dinner, ending with breakfast, (Wednesday free/no dinner),https://www.facebook.com/603058306381676/photos/?tab=album&album_id=623212244366282 ****B&B on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Le-Querciole-603058306381676/photos/ & lessons https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casale-Le-Querciole-Casciana-Terme/357547890961823
- double occupancy in apartments with 2 double rooms, kitchen, bathroom shared with one other couple, see http://www.lequerciole.com/en/apartments.html
- few private apartments available with sleeping sofa for kids (depending on age, add for food: 50-250,- Euro)
- kids welcome, hotel owner's family keeps them playing with the animals onsite or games in the kitchen, reserve babysit time slots at loving caring family hotel B&B, see http://www.lequerciole.com/en/breeding-2.html
- extra events in neighbouring cities like here in 2016: https://www.facebook.com/events/201615466890274/
- in case of parking your camper, please ask for conditions: firstname.lastname@example.org
TEACHINGS: - 12 h tango lessons (17.30-19.30h) with 2 international professionals, inside or open air on big terrace https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.357559797627299.75727.357547890961823&type=3 *
- Working with Alexander Technique to facilitate ease in your movements and posture
- 1 x entry Thermal Baths http://www.termedicasciana.com/
- 1 x architectural excursion in own cars of participants with artist/historian tour guide, Unknown Secrets of Italian Art/Architecture
- 1 x oil/wine tasting and explanation with typical snacks from family owned factory
- 1 x guided tour spaghetti factory small scale family owned
- 1 x guided tour Castello di Lari with Etruscan origins
- we speak: English, German, Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish (formerly: partipants from Dubai, Canada/USA, Vietnam, Austria, Scandinavia, Germany, Italy, GB, Netherlands, Italy etc.)
- with permission, slight changes to the program might occur.... :-)
- If you miss some 1-3 days/can only attend a part of the week ... let us know as we can fill up lost tango lessons with private lessons :-)
Agriturismo le Querciole
Gianluigi Fagiolini (not the organizer of holiday, do not inform here as they will not pass on your phone nr./e-mail for information!!!)
via Campagna Fichino nr. 90
Casciana Terme 56034 (Pisa)
(in Casciana Terme drive direction Chianni and after 300 m at sport fields take left turn into non-asfalt road with sign IL FICHINO, drive 350 m and turn 2nd road to right, you will see an open portico alley)
(walking distance down the hill to Casciana Terme)
Pool and territory: http://www.lequerciole.com/en/the-farm.html
Various rooms in apartments: http://www.lequerciole.com/en/apartments.html
Last years holidays: Tango Holiday Photo Albums 2011-2015: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.427655070609363.88394.315640961810775&type=1&l=da2e9d6479
Indication of nightly milongas in Tuscany (we are ideally located between Pisa, Lucca, Viareggio, Florence, Livorno) from our last year's holiday:http://agenda.faitango.it/eventi/eventiLista.asp?cat_evento_1=1&cat_evento_2=1&cat_evento_4=1&dt_dal=19%2F10%2F2013&dt_al=28%2F10%2F2013&id_stati=118®ione=Toscana&provincia&titolo&tema=data
TANGHERI LOCALI: lezioni a 20,- Euros da 17.30-19.30h, chiedeteci le vostre domande in Italiano!
FLIGHTS / CAR RENTALS:
- Fly into Pisa or Florence airport with Alitalia (or budget: Airberlin, Transavia, Ryanair, Meridiana etc…), ideally with fly&drive for more freedom on free days, please note that renting a car is cheaper (+- 15-20 Euros/day) in Pisa and when booked in advance, don't take Goldcars as we had a terrible experience with them
- Have a look at multy city flights clicking on multi city at www.momondo.com or www.cheaptickets.com
- Fly into Pisa or Florence and book a rental car or arrive by train to Pontedera where we can pick you up. Or let us know your arrival to combine you for driving with other tangueros. In Pisa do not book with Gold Cars, they are malafide!!
CURRICULUM VITAE teachers
NESTOR AZORIN - TANGO (TA)
Is home in the worlds of folklore and tango. He started as a folklore at the age of 4 becoming a professional teaching it for 14 years. This journey brought him to the ballet group "EL FORTIN" DE DEL VISO,with which he travelled performing for 7 years nationally and in festivals. He participated in competitions gaining as a champion in various categories like MALAMBO SOLISTA SUREÑO,MALAMBO CONJUNTO NORTEÑO, CONJUNTO NORTEÑO ESTAMPA TANGO ESCENARIO, ETC.
With tango he had started in 1996 where he finished competitions in Buenos Aires as finalist representing the city of Pilar. He got invited to teach in salons like SALÓN CANNING, CLUB VILLA MALCOLM ,ESCUELA CARLOS COPELLO, GRISEL, LA VIRUTA and exhibitions in the most respected milongas of Buenos Aires and province.
Nestor Azorin finished in the competition METROPOLITANO DE TANGO SALÓN Y MILONGA as finalist in 2008 , 2009 , 2010 (3rd place TANGO SALON), finalist in the MUNDIAL DE TANGO in category " SALÓN" in 2008 , 2009, (6th place) and 2014. He finally finished 2nd place in the 2010s MUNDIAL competition in the category of TANGO "SALÓN". In 2009 his home town Pilar (at the rim of Buenos Aires) distinguished him as a honorable citizen "VECINO DISTINGUIDO" for his entire work of representing folklore and tango.
Nestor Azorin earned himself a place amongst internationally the 6 best couples of "TANGO SALÓN". He was invited for tours and teach in Brazil, Eduador (festival de Quito), Italy, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Turkey, Lethonia, Greece, Russia, Indonesia, Singapur.
YVONNE MEISSNER - TANGO (TA)
dances tango since 1987 and met the Alexander Technique in 1996. Learning tango from the 90ies in the famous Salón Almagro in Buenos Aires with legends like Eduardo Arquimbau, Pepito Avellaneda, Teté Rusconi, Antonio Todaro, Vanina Bilous, Susana Miller, Cacho Dante for tango de Salon apilado, Tommy O’Connel and El Tango Guillermo for milonga con traspie and Canyengue Orillero with Rodofo y Maria Cieri and her teacher Pocho Pizarro. Mostly she is formed by the nameless milongueros in those times who called here bebe’, as by then the young generation Argentinians didn’t dance tango yet, as they only started from 1996.
Since 22 years she teaches tango and internationally performed in festivals next to names like Pablo Veron (Toulouse Festival, France), Osvaldo Zotto & Lorena Ermocida (Sitges Festival, Spain), Gustavo Naveira & Giselle Anne (Hamburg Festival, Germany), Miguel Zotto (Ithaca New York Festival, USA), Carlos Copello (Hamburg & Sitges Festival), Fabián Salas and Cecilia Gonzáles, (Hamburg Festival, Germany), Nathalia Games & Gabriel Angio (Contesto Brussels, Belgium, being jury members) and Leo Calvelli & Eugenia Usandivaras (Sitges Festival & Toulouse Festival) and Facundo (Vermont Festival, USA).
Since 1996 she has become famous for her practical analytic teaching with various body work techniques and looks back at 25 years experience in teaching tango. Yvonne is trained in Contact Improvisation, Modern Dance Techniques, Bodynamics and holds titles in Focussing, Somatic Experiencing and includes Alexander-Technique. From 1996 she has taught all over Europe and from 1999 in the USA/Canada/Brazil/Argentina, since 4 years in Asia. In the USA she was historically the second female professional to be invited without partners due to her didactics in teaching.
Yvonne's style redefines the role of the follower in Tango. Yvonne emphasizes the use of torsion including the use of the hip, synchronization of the movement inside the couple and interaction between lead and follow resulting in a conversation of bodies. She became famous for the rhythmical decorations of her footwork, being taught by the older milongueras in Buenos Aires she witnessed in the 90ies plus Canyengue delivering an unbridled sense of communicative play for the couple.
She partnered emblematic figures like Susana Miller, Cacho Dante (and was their first organizer ever outside Argentina), Rubén Terbalca, Eduardo Aguirre, Ricardo Maceiras (El Pibe Sarandì), Luisito Ferraris, Ana Maria Schapira, Pocho Pizarro, El Pibe Avellaneda and many others of the young generation like Fernando Serrano, Luis Rojas, Sebastian Pereyra, Rolando Valdivia.
EUROPE: Toulouse Festival—France, Amsterdam-Festival - Netherlands, Sitges Festival—Spain, Barcelona October Festival – Spain, Hamburg Festival—Germany.
USA: Octoberfest—Portland USA, Valentango Festival—Portland USA, Ithaca Festival - USA, Denver Tango Festival - USA, and Brandon Festival—Vermont USA, Albuquerque-New Mexico - USA, Burning Tango Festival - California USA, Las Puertas Marathon Festival USA – Albuquerque.
ASIA: Ho Chi Minh City,Saigon Festival - Vietnam.
WORKSHOPS/JURY 1994-2016 (returning frequency in cities): Buenos Aires (a.o. Salón Almagro from 1994), Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Enschede, Haarlem, Den Bosch, Haarlo, Bergen aan Zee (Netherlands), Münster, Düsseldorf, Nürnberg, Bamberg, Würzburg, Hamburg, Berlin, Konstanz, Wangen, Bochum (Germany), Zürich, St. Gallen, Engadin, Lausanne (Switzerland), Florence, Perugia, Todi, Bologna, Roma, Genova, Casciana Terme, Pisa, Pistoia, Ponsacco (Italy), Brussels, Antwerp, Gent (Belgium & jury in Brussels (Belgium), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Copenhagen (Denmark), London, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Newcastle, South Hampton, Bristol, Winchester, Cardiff (Great Britain), Toulouse, Montpellier, Paris, Nîmes, Lyon, Montreuil, Enghien (France), Istanbul (Turkey), Oslo, Bergen (Norway), Ireland, Barcelona, Sitges (Spain), Boston, Albany, Ithaca, Rochester, New York City, New Orleans, Miami, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, Port Townsend, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Anchorage, Albuquerque, Brandon Vermont, Denver, Mt. Shastra (USA), Vancouver, Saltsprings, Victoria Island (Canada), Mumbai, Delhi (India), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), Bangkok (Thailand), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) Ubud & Denpasar (Bali Indonesia), Beijing & Guangzhou (China), Dubai, Abu Dhabi (Arab Emirates), Johannesburg (South Africa), and of course in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
SLight changes in the program might occur due to local milongas.... please understand.
Info on Facebook or ask for info via e-mail
TUSCANY Tango Spa Holiday 29/5-6/6/2015: MARTIN VILLAFANE (Buenos Aires) & YVONNE MEISSNER (Amsterdam)
Tuscany (Italy) culinary spa tango holiday with El Pibe Avellaneda, see Facebook